The shelter at home and the cancellation of public events has greatly impacted access to Art Walk programing and our working Artist community, who rely on events like The Art Walk and other ongoing street fair and festival gigs, to engage the community, share their art, and earn a living.
We’re launching a Virtual Talent Showcase so we can stay engaged and keep you connected to the Arts.
We’re exploring other ways to stay connected such as; virtual classes, tutorials, and events for all ages, virtual galleries, and online retail sales until we are back home in the heart of Downtown Vallejo, with all of your smiling faces again!
For more info on how to share/participate in our e-community, please send us a message on Facebook or email us at email@example.com.
Thanks for your patience as we find ways to adjust our approach in supporting the Art Walk Community!
– The Vallejo Art Walk Team
Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers, designed by Americans for the Arts, to better identify and address the needs of artists.
To be eligible for a relief grant, applicants must be:
- Practicing artists able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to their work, careers, and a public audience;
- Experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- 21 years of age or older;
- Provide a W9 and Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)—we will collect this information after you’ve been notified of your selection;
- Residing and working in the U.S. for the last two years;
- Not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund.
Please note that the Artist Relief coalition partners will make final eligibility determinations as needed. Learn more by reviewing this FAQ. To apply, click here.
this is a special message for you!
Your Art Walk Community
Save the date! As part of the May Art Walk, the Art of Peace exhibit is going to be unveiled. The Robby Poblete Foundation’s Art of Peace program takes unwanted and decommissioned firearms and distributes them among artists to transform something tragic into something that inspires and educates. They will be unveiling the works of art in Downtown Vallejo in partnership with Vallejo Art Walk at the Temple Art Lofts during an opening ceremony focused on peace and transformation. Wine, cheese and appetizers will be served. ADMISSION IS FREE. As part of the Art of Peace-themed Art Walk, League of Chefs will be having a pop-up dinner starting at 6:30 pm – get your tickets for the dinner athttps://www.facebook.com/events/793344344197005/ . Come enjoy the street vendors, food and music, too!